Banana chocolate chip muffins have always been a favourite in this household, so I told them all I was going to recreate the recipe and come up with a healthier alternative. At first I was meet with a few screwed up faces, but once they tasted these they have never gone back.
Banana Choc Chip Muffins – Makes 12
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 banana’s, mashed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or you can use cacao nibs)
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- Place 1 1/4 cups rolled oats in a blender and blend until it is a flour-like consistency.
- Mix blended oats, rolled oats, baking soda, and baking powder in a bowl.
- Stir in honey, coconut oil, egg, and coconut milk.
- Mix in banana’s, chocolate chips and vanilla essence.
- Spoon mixture into lined muffin tins and bake for 25-30 minutes.