When I get into one of my ‘moods’ I like to put on music and go spend time in the kitchen. Cooking is not only good for your body, but it’s good for your soul. Well, I had one of these ‘moods’ and popped to the supermarket to grab some ingredients and hit the kitchen…literally it looked like something had hit my kitchen.
Yesterday I posted a picture of my chocolate chia pudding and had a number of requests to share the recipe so here it is….be aware that when I get into a cooking frenzy I forget to write down measurements so some of these are more of an approximation.
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (or 2 tablespoon cacao powder)
- Whipped cream
- 1 row dark Whittakers chocolate – shaved
- Handful of natural nuts (I used pistachios)
- Handful of coconut smiles – or shredded coconut
- 1/2 banana – sliced
(The whipped cream, chocolate, nuts, coconut, and banana are all topping that can be substituted to recreate your flavor. Think of using other fruits, nuts, and seeds).
- Place chia seeds, coconut milk, and powder powder in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Place in fridge for a minimum of 2 hours (I like to make mine the night before and leave it overnight. It is ready to eat when it turns into a pudding consistency, where the chia seeds have soaked up all the liquid).
- Top with your choosen toppings and enjoy.
You could have this as breakfast, dessert, or any meal really.