Brr it’s cold in here….The last couple of mornings my first thoughts have definitely been ‘Holy shit it’s cold’. Yup those winter temperatures has definitely hit home in New Zealand. As much as I would love to stay wrapped up in a blanket while in my sweats, hoodie, and uggs that is just not going to happen. So instead we hit the kitchen to create some healthy comfort food that will not only warm your soul, but also your insides.
- 1.5kg pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 50g butter
- 1.5L water
- 2 garlic cloves
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh herbs and cream to serve (optional)
- Place all ingredients into large pot and bring to the boil without a lid.
- Once boiling reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes until all vegetables are soft.
- Allow to cool sightly and the blitz in a food processor or blender.
- Serve with a drizzle of cream and fresh herbs of your choice.