Let’s face it, cooking can be a b****! I say this and I am someone who loves cooking, but we all have those days when the last thing we want to do is stand over a hot stove. This meal is a winner because it is quick, easy, and only uses one pan, which means way less dishes – this is always an upside for me. I have been using this recipe for weeks now as part of my meal prep and I am still loving it. You can switch up the flavors by changing the vegetables used, and changing the flavour sausages you use (think beef, lamb, pork, chicken, chorizo).
- 6 sausages
- 250g green beans
- 1 broccoli
- 1 red capsicum
- 2 kumara
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons mixed herbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli seasoning
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees celcius, and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Prepare all vegetables: chop beans in half, chop broccoli into small pieces, slice capsicum, and cut kumara into small pieces. Place all vegetables on lined baking tray.
- Chop sausages into thick slices and add to tray.
- Pour olive oil, and sprinkle all herbs and spices over vegetables and meat. Toss to distribute more evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes and toss.
- Bake for a further 10-15 minutes so vegetables are crispy and sausages are brown.
Tip: You can get more out of this meal by adding quinoa. Quinoa will also up the protein content and adds that extra boost.