When I think of Christina I think amazing recipes, awesome health information, good vibes, positive mindset and so much more, and that is exactly why I asked her to feature on our blog. If you haven’t already come across Reveal Yourself then you will be super excited to know that Christina has shared some super yummy recipes in this post, and you can discover all that goodness I am talking about. As well as cooking up a storm Christina features recipes every month in the Good Health Choices magazine, is a whole food and clean eating blogger, and have some wicked products, and best of all she shares the same belief as I do about how important our mindset really is. See what she has to say below and check out those awesome recipes…
What is your all time favourite ingredient? Raw cacao powder. I love chocolate and have a sweet tooth, so I love creating recipes using raw cacao powder. Not only do I curb my sweet cravings, but I am nourishing my body with gorgeous dense whole food ingredients. I never feel like I am missing out. I add cacao into my bliss balls, smoothies, raw desserts and sweets.
Gluten Free Coconut Mousse Tart
Gluten Free Base
1 1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 Tbsp. arrowroot
3 Tbsp. coconut sugar
Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
3 Tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil
3-4 Tbsp. water
Coconut Chocolate Mousse Filling
2 cups cashew nuts
1/4 cup coconut nectar syrup
3 Tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil
1/3 cup raw cacao powder
1/3 cup. coconut milk
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Shaved dark chocolate
Freeze dried raspberries
1. Add all ingredients expect the water into a food processor and process until the mixture is all combined.
2. Add the water in a table spoonful at a time and process a little longer until the mixture comes together (you may need to add one more table spoon of water if the consistency is to dry).
3. Pour the mixture out and knead slightly, then shape into a ball. Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge while you make the coconut chocolate mousse filling.
4. Preheat the oven to 180C.
5. Grease a tart tin (ideally a removable base) with coconut oil.
6. Remove the tart mixture from the cling film and place in the tart tin. Using your hands press the mixture evenly to cover the base and sides. Make sure that it is flush with the edges of the tin.
7. Prick the pastry base with a fork and place in the oven for 10 minutes. Just keep an eye on it so it does not get too brown.
8. Remove from the oven and set aside to fully cool before add your mousse mixture.
Coconut Chocolate Mousse Filling
1. Place your cashew nuts in a bowl and soak for at least four hours or overnight.
2. Drain and rinse the soaked cashew nuts and place into a high speed blender.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients and process until smooth and creamy.
4. Place in the fridge while you cook the tart base.
5. Once base is fully cooled, remove from the tart tin and pour in your coconut chocolate mousse mixture. Spread evenly.
6. Place in the fridge for up to two hours before serving. When ready to serve decorate with your toppings. It will keep in the fridge for a couple of days (but probably will not last that long).
What does health mean to you?
Health to me is made up of three parts: it’s about how we nourish our bodies, mind, and soul. Each are equally important to achieving optimal health and wellbeing. It is important to nourish our bodies with nutritiously dense whole foods and move our bodies daily. Nourishing our minds by continuing to learn and evolve. Expand our knowledge and thoughts. Read inspiring and enriching books, watch documentaries, attend events. Finally and truly most important, nourishing our soul. Find things that ignite your passion for life. That make you happy (bring JOY) and allow you to shine from the inside out.
What is your favourite inspirational quote?
OMG I have so many, at the moment I love….
‘Start each day with a grateful heart’
Every morning before I rise I lie in bed and set my intention for the day and also reflect on what I am grateful for in my life. These thoughts set the foundation for your day and reflect how you show up and engage with the world around you.
Favourite workout track?
At the moment I do yoga most days so my music is often relaxing and mindful. But when I am working out at the gym or dancing around at home with my girl, I love anything that gets the body grooving…. from Justin Bieber, Bruno Mars, Taylor Swift, Adele, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce… anything popie…I also love 80’s music and have a secret love of Spanish pop music (any music sung in Spanish sounds so much better).
Three people you would love to have dinner with?
Melissa Ambrosini, Rebecca Campbell, and Robin Sharma or Tony Robbins. How enlightening and insightful would this dinner party be (and I am sure lots of fun).
What are you currently reading?
Light is the New Black by Rebecca Campbell (snap!), one of the best books I have read and a must read for everyone. So enlightening!
Favourite way to workout?
I love my early morning walk along the bay with dog Leo. I love being out in nature, it nourishes the soul. At the end I love to sit and meditate for 10-20 minutes. I call it my before breakfast nourishment. Wakes the body, mind, revs up the metabolism and set the intentions for the day ahead. I also do 4-5 yoga classes a week. Yoga truly nourishes the body, mind, and soul. I also love getting out with my family, walks in nature, bike rides, playing with my daughter Sofia…you are working out while having fun and spending time with your family.
What is your number one throw together meal?
Green smoothie bowl, topped with my Reveal Yourself Berry Cacao Granola that I developed last year. Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. I love making smoothie bowls, especially green bowls that are loaded with goodness. It is like having a dessert for breakfast!
1 cup chopped frozen banana
1/2 cup frozen mango
1/3 cup chopped pineapple
4 mint leaves
1 cup kale leaves
1 cup spinach leaves
Juice of 1 lime
1/4 of coconut water
1 Tbsp Moringa Powder
1/3 sliced banana
2 Tbsp freshly chopped mango
2 Tbsp Reveal Yourself Berry Berry Granola
Add all ingredients into your blender and process and until smooth and thick. Pour into a bowl and top with your toppings
Advice for how to make 2017 your best year yet?
Start yoga if not doing weekly, yoga has truly enriched my life both physically, mentally and spiritually. Move your body daily and get out in nature more. Take a whole food approach to your eating and learn to nourish your body right, so you can sparkle from the inside out.
There are so many websites, cook books, social media to give you so much inspiration. Checkout my website
for lots of wholefood recipes and ideas to nourish your body.
Read more books, books the evoke your thought and get you excited about your life. Attend course/classes – (I started pottery, been on a meditation course, attended yoga and dance events, been to Wanderlust, starting a painting course).
Start a daily gratitude diary and create a happy photo wall (take photos or polaroids when something makes you smile or feel happy and peg it up on your photo wall).
Take on a mentor, whether a spiritual/person mentor, or a business mentor.
Have more fun, try new things and let your hair down more. Plan trips, get aways, romantic weekend away with your partner. It is amazing how a holiday or mini break can totally recharge the body and mind.
Do things that ignite the soul and mind. Start living and evolving to truly ignite your passion and purposes in life. Make it a year of lots of new discoveries and adventures.